Yass Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Yass Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing yass.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Yass for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Yass?
Yass Galleries and Museums
Yass, a town in New South Wales, offers a wealth of cultural experiences through its various galleries, museums, and historical venues. Visitors have the opportunity to explore the town's rich history, unique art, and learn about the local Aboriginal culture. The following is a list of some of the top galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around Yass.
1. Banjo Paterson Art Gallery - located on Comur Street in Yass, this gallery features the work of local artists as well as national exhibitions. Art lovers will enjoy exploring the diverse collection of paintings, sculptures, and mixed media pieces.
2. The Yass Valley Information Centre and Gallery - also located on Comur Street, this gallery showcases a range of local artwork, from contemporary paintings and sculptures to traditional Aboriginal art.
3. Hillview Gallery - situated on Hume Highway in Wallaroo, this gallery features contemporary paintings and sculpture by Australian artists. With beautiful gardens and scenic views of the countryside, Hillview Gallery is a great place to relax and admire the art.
4. Art of Espresso - located on the main street in Yass, this quirky gallery features a range of eclectic artwork, including paintings, sculpture, and ceramics. Visitors can also enjoy a delicious cup of coffee while browsing the exhibits.
1. Cooma Cottage - located in nearby Yass River, this beautifully preserved homestead is a National Trust property that tells the story of colonial life in Australia. Visitors can explore the historic gardens and the interior of the cottage, which features original furniture and other artifacts from the 19th century.
2. Yass Railway Heritage Centre - located on Lead Street in Yass, this museum provides a glimpse into the history of railways in Australia. Visitors can explore the collection of antique trains and carriages, and learn about the role of the railways in Australia's development.
3. Yass and District Museum - situated on Meehan Street in Yass, this museum showcases the social and cultural history of the area, with exhibits focusing on local industries, agriculture, and transport. Visitors can also learn about the history of the Wiradjuri people, the traditional owners of the land.
4. National Museum of Australian Pottery - located just north of Yass in the small town of Holbrook, this museum features a stunning collection of Australian pottery from the 19th and 20th centuries. Visitors can admire the works of famous artists such as Ivan McMeekin, Grace Seccombe, and Milton Moon.
1. Yass Courthouse - located on Meehan Street in Yass, this historic courthouse was built in 1880. Visitors can explore the building and learn about its significance in the local community. The courthouse also hosts regular exhibitions and events.
2. The Royal Hotel - situated on Comur Street in Yass, this historic hotel has been an iconic feature of the town for over a century. Visitors can admire the grand architecture and elegant interior of the hotel, as well as sample the delicious food and drinks on offer.
3. Yass Memorial Hall - built in the early 20th century, this historic venue has been an important gathering place for the local community for generations. Visitors can attend a range of events, including concerts, theater performances, and film screenings.
4. The Yass Memorial Walk - located in Coronation Park, this walkway commemorates the sacrifices of Australian soldiers in various conflicts. Visitors can take a stroll along the walkway and read the plaques and memorials that pay tribute to the brave men and women who fought for their country.
Whether you're interested in art, history, or simply want to explore the unique culture of Yass and its surrounds, there are plenty of galleries, museums, and historical venues to discover. From the stunning landscapes and antique trains of the Yass Railway Heritage Centre, to the eclectic art of Art of Espresso, there's something for everyone in this vibrant and culturally-rich town.
Yass Galleries and Museums Articles